just me lexi

i am a lover of all things beautiful in a relentless pursuit of art, ideas, projects, words, photos and the master Artist. i hope to share all my findings here...

Saturday, January 14, 2012

waiting for words



with all the vim and vigor that comes with the new year, i created this space, this blog--january first 2012.  i created it with only the loftiest of ideals in mind...i was so excited to start posting pictures and projects, words and bits of witty wisdom.  i was sure it would all just flow freely and organically...but here it is, two weeks later and i've found nothing worthy of  my grandest plans.  i've been waiting on just the right words and pictures and stories...but they just. never. came.  so in the chaos of this sunny saturday morning i decided to screw it all...and just start here.

so for awhile now i've realized that i've become lost (and found) in photography. while i LOVE photography--my ever unsatisfied heart has been long-long-longing for more.  i want to watch things transform in my hands.  i want to inspire families to remember to make life fun.  i want to glorify my God with the creative gifts He's given me.

with my photography--i feel like i capture the life that's already there...but now that my eyes have been trained to look for life EVERYWHERE... instead of just finding it--i've found myself wanting to make MORE of it and pass it on.  i want to make MORE laughter, MORE simple memories, MORE beautiful treasures and MORE lovely words.  and i want this blog to a place where i gather them to share.

aaaaaaaand so here i go.  i've been waiting for words for too long now.  these words might not be as lofty and lovely as i had in mind BUT they are good and sturdy words.  words to build a dream on...

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, good stuff. Can't wait to read more, keep dreaming and writing and capturing them in still shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks ro! by the way...(as rhett dickens would say) i miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAHOO!! It's here. Can't wait to check this out {often!} love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an inspiration yo me. I will take away several great ideas from these few posts(so far) but none better than… fun +pretty good= wonderful. Thank you for sharing. Darla Hennigh

    ReplyDelete