just me lexi

i am a lover of all things beautiful in a relentless pursuit of art, ideas, projects, words, photos and the master Artist. i hope to share all my findings here...

Monday, January 23, 2012

the monday mornings...



one day, far away--i just know i'm gonna look back and wish i could step into a mundane monday morning when my kiddos were 10 and 4.

 i'll wish i could wake up to the janurary florida sun in my face and sounds of my raccoon rhett scrounging around in the kitchen for something he knows he's not supposed to eat in the morning.

someday...i'll wish i had that blonde haired blue eyed girl o mine crawl into my bed for a few snuggles before the wonderboy comes to crash the party and steal the covers and turn our quiet morning into a wwf smackdown.

someday...i know i'll miss jae's freckled little girl face and the way she wrinkles her nose when she smiles.  oh and that crazy crazy laugh of hers...someday when she's too cool to get the giggles--i guess i'll miss that too.

one day when wonderboy has hair on his face i'll wish i had kissed him on his smooth little cheeks more  often.

someday i'll wish i could listen to his incessant chatter. 

someday i'll probably even wish that i could hear those two hoodlums fight.  i'll wish that they were close enough for it to be my turn to tuck them in.

someday, i'll want this morning back...but today...today feels like i'm just doing it all over again.

sometimes (especially on mondays) it's hard for me to get going.

because today, on that freckled 10 year old face...just under that wrinkled lil nose--is a pink mouth with a dimple that has nothing but negative things to say lately.

today...that wonderboy will wear his mortal momma out.  he'll fight and scream about all life's little un-fun things--and it's up to me to teach him different.

today there is a stack of boxes as tall as me in my garage that need to be packed with all my junk.

today there is a certain little girl's room that appears to be carpetless because someone started cleaning out her desk and quit the hopeless job right in the middle.

today there are emails and phone calls and lots of grown up stuff to take care of....and really on this mundane monday...i'd much rather stay in bed.

so friends...this is what got me outta bed this morning:

homemade chai tea latte
my friend, the sun, promising another yellow day
3 bananas that will make that negative lil girl of mine some banana pudding (just because)
that kissable spot on wonderboy's neck that probably needs some monday morning snuggles
thoughts of decorating my new nest (we are moving in 2 weeks!)
ideas of park hopping and swing flying with my boy
four little squat jars from ikea that beg for purpose
the ocean...so looking forward to the next time i can dig my toes in the sand and stick my nose in the salty air.
a dirty house--and how good it'll feel to get 'er clean again
the salad spinner i bought for a fun paint project this week
a few fun phonecalls to kc friends that i didn't get to talk to over the weekend



most days it's easy to find things to jump outta bed for.  but my mondays seem to start a lil slower...and i have to scavenge to find some things to be thankful for.  today, my monday morning scavenger hunt unearthed some treasures to pull me outta bed and back to life.  i'd love to know what gets you guys outta bed on these mundane mornings...

4 comments:

  1. Coffee gets me up, another step closer to God gets me up. But I have those same thoughts Lex, I have a bad morning and I'm frustrated and have less patience than I would like...and as I watch them bundled up, walking together, backpacks and projects from my rearview mirror into the school I know one day I'll long for this again. It's like Ecclesiastes says, There is nothing new under the sun. But He is new every morning, and it's contemplative thinking that will help us to appreciate these mundane moments that seem like little more than repeated chaos at the time, but will become cherished, treasured memories. Thank you Lord for the opportunity to take this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this morning I was driven out of my bed by the desire to serve my husband by making his lunch for him, which requires that I get out of bed in time to make it before he leaves for work. Also, I knew that there were 4 small bodies asleep in their beds and I needed a few moments of silence before they all woke up and needed twice the amount of attention than I am used to on a "normal" Monday morning. There was cold pizza in the fridge from the night before that was calling my name-I know its not a healthy way to start my day but it is one of my favorite things and it was sooo good! So, there you have it-my Monday morning and I love how reading this blog helps me to not feel so far away from you guys. -Ky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cold pizza does it for me every time. i had a slice before bed last night;) you are such a good momma and wife ky! they are all lucky you have ya! you got me thinkin'--i should probably offer to pack my hubby some lunch sometime...it would be a first...

      Delete
  3. ro--i get the coffee thing. girl, me and caffine have this on again off again affair. i've been "off" coffee for about a year now...buuuuuut i just can't quit it!!! lately caffeine of some sort has been helping me out a bunch. and while i've been loving having so much time to think and spend with the kiddos, i kinda feel like my fast pace hid some of my worst momma flaws...i've found slowing down takes a magnifying glass to my impatience and self serving habits. which requires me to lean on Him on more of a consistent basis. love hearing a lil about your morning miss ro! (can't wait to take your fam's pic's in march!)

    ReplyDelete