just me lexi

i am a lover of all things beautiful in a relentless pursuit of art, ideas, projects, words, photos and the master Artist. i hope to share all my findings here...

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

waking up



i'm just coming out of my winter doldrums and for the first time in too long i feel excited for life. i'm writing and sketching and singing and dreaming.  i wonder if this is how the flowers feel in spring? is this the same sensation that makes those little seeds rise out of the mud and put some purple petals on?  it must be something similar because if i were a seed i could see myself doing the same.

wonderboy has a fascination with seeds and growing.  he told me himself the he is "ovsessed" with seeds--avacado seeds, apple seeds, mango seeds and (especially) green bean seeds.  he picks em out and puts em in his pocket so we can plant them and have more.  i love his appetite for life!  this weekend we are planting a lil (mini) garden of our very own and asking the God of the seeds to whisper his magic on them so we can watch them grow.  i'm so excited for my kiddos to help bring something to life!

spring is so full of possibility.  even though i live in an amazingly mild climate...i have the fever.  that lovely spring fever that overwhelms my life with beginnings every year.  all my best ideas are born in spring.  there is something truly enchanting about the season change and the earth erupting in lavendar and gold and green.  my mind and soul can't help but join in...dreaming new dreams, making new things, and grabbing all my tomorrows and giving them a healthy shake.  

i've been living life half asleep lately and it feels so good to wake up to this world.


I’m ready, God, so ready, ready from head to toe. Ready to sing, ready to raise a God-song: “Wake, soul! Wake, lute! Wake up, you sleepyhead sun!”

--psalm 108:1-2

 


No comments:

Post a Comment